KTN: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Transport
Time & Location
About the Event
An amazing start to KTN's first ever Transport Equality, Diversity and Inclusion event! A wide range of attendees from across transport in aviation, rail, maritime and beyond came together for a series of discussions and workshops all looking at ED&I in transport.
Alongside the discussion, a few videos have been submitted to showcase examples of ED&I in aerospace, rail and maritime:
- Within a short video contributed by Flight Crowd our Co-Founder Mariya Tarabanovska, outlined how Flight Crowd strive to build a community that is inclusive to all
- Key industry stakeholder and innovative train operating company Avanti outlined their commitment to inclusion and accessibility in innovation
- Chrissie Clarke - Programme Manager (Diversity and Skills) at Women in Maritime looked at Diversity in Maritime
Some of the questions that were raised during the session included:
- What kinds of things does equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) cover? What do we mean by ED&I?
- Why does ED&I matter in transport?
- Where are we now in terms of ED&I in our sectors and in our organisations? Does a certain sector (for example, maritime) have further to go? What does your organisation do around ED&I in transport?
Get in touch with KTN to find out more, to receive the session resources and amazing videos from Avanti West Coast, Flight Crowd and Maritime UK and to be involved in the next sessions!
KTN exists to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking - accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions